- Take an inventory of possessions, with a list or photo documentation.
- Record important documents by scanning or photographing and copying to a thumb or portable external drive.
- Copy photos to the same portable drive.
- Protect your house from wind damage by boarding your windows and doors.
- Protect from water damage by sandbagging around your premises.
- Protect from exterior damage by trimming bushes and limbs.
- Create a business disaster plan folder/ portable drive containing important documents.
- File employee and client contact lists in that folder/portable drive.
- Protect your building by boarding up windows.
- Create a recovery plan to equip youwith the tools and resources needed to get your company running again.